Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 10: Irelanded

Shout out to Chelsea Longshore for my clever blog title!


Day two in Dublin:
It was my first time sleeping in past 6am in over two weeks! I got to sleep to 7am, it was great. The Charles Stewart bed and breakfast we stayed in was very nice. It was comfortable and helpful, and best yet they had a really good breakfast.


We packed our bags and checked out of the B&B, and walked the town for about an hour. I revisited the Leprechaun museum to buy another suvineour and talked to the manager, who is awesome. Extremely funny, incredibly knowledgeable, and of course had an Irish accent, which I have discovered I like very much. He explained to me how a four leaf cover to Irish is actually bad luck. Clover was sort of a scared ingredient for the Irish and it was used in blessing and rituals. However in nature, plants typically have an odd number of leaves. Also, as part of the folklore that is super interesting but too complicated for me to type, evil creatures lived under the ground and it is rumored that where a four-leaf clover grew it meant that one of these creatures lived under the ground there. It was bad luck to pick that clover or even go near it.

So the Leprechaun museum was a great call, and next we went to get the last item on our ‘must do in Dublin’ list. Get Allyson a tattoo! Going to Ireland has always been on Allyson’s bucket list and she wanted to get something to always remind her of the trip. Wildcat’s Tattoo and Piercing had a room ready and sketch drawn in minutes and boom! It was happening. It was very cool to see, but glad I was just watching. My dad has explained to me that I will only get temporary tattoos. Meaning that even if I were to get a permanent tattoo, it would stop being permanent when he removed my skin there. It is fairly convincing.


After her tattoo, we bought a bus tour for Dublin and spent the rest of our day seeing some parts we been to and many that we hadn’t seen yet. It was awesome, but once again the audio voice went through the tour rather fast and I lost a lot of the information. Sorry guys. But it was good.
 Guinness Factory. We didn't tour it because we heard it wasn't that great. Plus I am not a big fan of Guinness anyway, sorry. 
We did also walk past the "Guinness Medical Department" which just kind of makes me giggle. 
The Spire of Dublin, or the Monument of Light.  

We left the bus tour and got another, this time to the airport. It was sad to be leaving Dublin so quick but it was a great break from our busy schedule in London. Another note for anyone flying RyanAir, they have really cheap prices and are almost always on time, just be prepared for a bumpy landing. Both were just a little whiplash-y. And we’re back in London. Some bus and tube rides later we arrived at our hotel and got to tell all the stories to the rest of the group. Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment